• September 20th, 2018
Login / Register

Firearm Licenses Put on Hold

By Charles Tjatindi WINDHOEK People who applied for firearm licenses countrywide will now have to wait much longer before their applications can be processed. The Namibian Police announced in a press statement that due to some technical problems, its Central Firearms Registry Sub-Division is unable to submit newly approved and computerized firearms licenses. Police have requested members of the public who applied for firearm licenses to be patient while it attends to the problem. All inquiries in this regard should be forwarded to the respective police stations across the country. Meanwhile, at Okahao in the Tsandi constituency, six-month-old Etuna Iikuti died on arrival at a health centre. The cause of death has not yet been determined. An inquest docket has been opened in this regard. In a separate incident at Farm Titspitevlei in the Mariental district, three-month-old Sara Frieda Witbooi died of unknown causes and police are still investigating the case. A case of attempted murder was registered with the police after two women were held at gunpoint by two unknown suspects on Monday at around 21h00 in Windhoek's Hakahana residential area. According to the police report, the suspects allegedly demanded money from the two women, before shooting and wounding one of them in the chest with a pistol. The suspects then fled, and the victim was rushed to hospital. In another incident, a 22-year-old man was held at gunpoint by four men at the Oponganda cemetery on the outskirts of Windhoek and robbed of items valued at N$1 930. The items included a Nokia cell phone, a jersey and gold necklace. No recovery or arrests have been made in this connection. A case of robbery with aggravating circumstances has been opened. A similar case was opened after an adult woman was also held at gunpoint and robbed. The incident occurred at a house at the Okuryangava informal settlement in Windhoek. Cash and alcoholic be-verages valued at N$3 109 were taken from the woman. Police investigations continue.
2008-06-27 00:00:00 10 years ago
Share on social media

Be the first to post a comment...