It’s cold outside, and we need something easy so that we can get back to bed. Here is a quick chicken and rice recipe to warm you up from the inside.
What you’ll need:
1 cube chicken stock plus 600ml water
Oil for frying
2 tablespoons of white vinegar
1/2 a bell pepper
1/2 a can of tomatoes
Whole bay leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups of basmati rice thoroughly rinsed
1. Rub the chicken pieces with the Cujan spices, salt and pepper. Brown on medium heat in a non-stick pan.
2. Take out the pieces and fry the onions and garlic with some oil. Add bell pepper once the onions are translucent.
3. Add some vinegar and let it reduce.
4. Add 1/2 a can of tomatoes along with your remaining spices.
5. Now we can add the rinsed rice to the mixture and cook for 5 minutes while constantly stirring.
6. Worcester sauce may be added now, along with the dissolved chicken stock cube.
7. Add the chicken back into the pot and let it cook on low to medium heat for 20 minutes with the lid covered. Please add more water if you can to cover the chicken properly.
Serve warm and stay safe. See you soon.
For more recipes... Please follow @queenteline and for your weekend meals, you can follow @ilatulye across all social media platforms.