The health ministry has started an investigation on the exact cause of a fire that occurred at the Opuwo State hospital on Tuesday night.
In a statement this week, health ministry executive director Ben Nangombe said the incident occurred at the stand-by generator stall of the hospital.
The stall and generator were destroyed by the blaze.
“The fire was extinguished by the joint efforts of hospital staff, Namibian Police, Opuwo town fire brigade and Nored. No injuries were recorded. The fire did not spread from the generator stall and did not cause damage to any other parts of the hospital,” he assured the public.
He further indicated although the incident occurred, no interruption to medical or other services at the hospital was reported.
The executive director also stated that a replacement standby generator was deployed on Wednesday, through Nored and has already reached the hospital.