Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Tondoro health centre flooded

Home National Tondoro health centre flooded

MOST parts of Kavango West have embraced the good rains that have been pouring down lately, but the Tondoro Health Centre had to shut its doors temporarily as the facility was flooded on Wednesday.

Health executive director Ben Nangombe confirmed that the facility was flooded due to a heavy thunderstorm, leaving the waiting area, reception, pharmacy and delivery room waterlogged. 

“In our assessment, the water which flooded the health centre came from a pool that had formed along a nearby gravel road because of inadequate storm water drainage,” he said. 

Nangombe said the ministry is working with the Roads Authority (RA) to put mitigatory measures in place to ensure that the water flowing from the road near the health centre does not overwhelm the facility again. 

“This includes creating channels to divert the storm water from reaching the health centre in future, as well as erecting barrier walls around the waiting areas and alongside the entrance to the health centre to prevent flooding caused by thunderstorms,’’ said the executive director.

The extent of potential damage to the centre, including medical equipment and clinical supplies, has been assessed. No major damage to medical equipment or clinical supplies has been reported, except for a refrigerator in the kitchen, which had a short-circuit due to contact with water. 

“We wish to inform the public that no injuries to patients, staff members or members of the public have been reported as a result of the incident,” Nangombe said. 

The delivery of all health services at the health centre has been restored.

– jmuyamba@nepc.com.na