OTJINUNGUA – While isolated communities in Kunene region struggle to feed themselves due to the worst drought in 100 years, drought relief food is allowed to rot in warehouses. According to the affected communities, this flies in the face of the government’s efforts to mitigate threats of malnutrition and hunger exacerbated by climate change. The...
Front Page News
Pohamba’s mass housing dream revived
The government has decided to revive and expedite the completion of the long-stalled Mass Housing Development Programme, focusing on three key sites: Windhoek, Swakopmund and Opuwo. In Windhoek, the government has allocated N$90 million to complete 362 housing units, which have remained unfinished since 2017 due to legal challenges. In Swakopmund, the government is in...
Moore doubles down on visa requirement
Linea Dishena United Kingdom High Commissioner to Namibia Charles Moore sympathises with Namibians who are genuinely affected by his government’s decision to impose visa requirements. In an interview with Nampa on Wednesday, he said the UK government’s decision in 2023 to withdraw visa exemptions for Namibians has impacted genuine travellers, as it has become more...
Kotze set sight on Commonwealth
Rising star Pieter Kotze, fresh from collecting his ‘Boxer of the Tournament’ title at the just-ended Namibia Boxing Championship, is quickly becoming one of the most promising names in Namibian boxing. At just 19, his hunger for success and dedication to the sport have seen him aiming for the top. His love for boxing began...
League kick-off delays put financial strain on clubs… as coaches voice frustration
Zebaldt Ngaruka The ongoing delays in the start of Namibia’s top-tier football league frustrating clubs, with coaches and team officials voicing their concerns over the recurring issue. Each season, teams are left in limbo as they struggle with financial and tactical uncertainty caused by the inconsistent league kick-off dates. In interviews with several Namibia Premier...
Swapo’s manifesto printed in Braille
OSHAKATI – Swapo vice president Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah says the party remainsfocused on ensuring inclusivity among all Namibians, as she announced the party had printed a record 500 copies of its recently launched manifesto in Braille. This will enable visually impaired persons to follow the party’s ideologies and promises for a better future without having to...
Muinjangue, Kauandenge retain top positions …as Nudo kicks congress can down the road
Lahja Nashuuta The National Unity Democratic Organisation (Nudo) has agreed to file the current president, Ester Muinjangue, as the party’s presidential candidate for the upcoming Presidential and National Assembly elections, slated for 27 November 2024. The decision is among the resolutions taken at the party’s electoral college held over the weekend. The party’s leaders met...
Parties: ECN must forget ‘handpicking’ ballot printer
Rudolf Gaiseb Political parties have reiterated their stance that the Electoral Commission of Namibia (ECN) cannot handpick a printing company for ballot papers in the absence of a fair and transparent bidding process. This development has raised concerns about transparency and fairness in selecting a printer for the ballot papers, which parties say could potentially...
Fire leaves one dead, 100 families destitute
WALVIS BAY – One person died, and over 100 families were displaced on Friday evening when another shack fire ravaged an illegal settlement where many, who came seeking greener pastures, had been occupying land since last year. The fire occurred around 18h30 at a piece of land situated close to Otweya, which belongs to the...
Rewaldo makes Brave Warriors cut
The Namibia Football Association (NFA) has announced the final squad for the Brave Warriors’ back-to-back encounters against Zimbabwe in the 2025 Africa Cup of Nations (Afcon) qualifiers. Among the selected players is former Khomas Nampol star and now Marumo Gallant’s striker, Rewaldo Prins, who has made the cut for the national team. Namibia’s Brave Warriors,...









