Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

Lightning strikes girl at Eenhana

Home National Lightning strikes girl at Eenhana

WINDHOEK – An eight-year-old girl died instantly after she was struck by lightning at Omulondo village in Eenhana on Sunday afternoon. In the weekend crime report issued by the police, the girl is identified as Ndamononghenda Sambezu. 

Police said her next of kin were informed and her body was transported to Eenhana state mortuary.
A 41-year-old Windhoek based man committed suicide after he hanged himself with an electrical cable in the house on Saturday. The deceased is Kevin Morris Tjiueza. 

The incident happened between 15h00 and 15h30 at Shangrila Park flats in Pionierspark. Police said no suicide note was left behind and no foul play is suspected. 
His next of kin were informed and police investigation continues.

An inquest docket was opened after a lifeless body of a British national was found in the Sossusvlei dunes by other tourists on Sunday morning. 

The police said according to the information, the deceased was booked in at the Desert Camp and he entered the park on Saturday, 2 November 2019.

In a similar incident, a South African national drowned while swimming with friends at Swakopmund beach on Saturday afternoon.  “It is alleged the waves took him deeper and he was unable to come out. He was however rescued by friends and taken to Swakopmund state hospital where he was declared dead,” reads the police report. The deceased was employed by a South African company called Unik Construction Company.

Police at Okahao in Omusati region opened a suicide case after a 28-year-old man was found dead by his brother. His body was found  hanging on a rope, up a mopane tree. The deceased is Iita Elias Katambo. 
Police said no suicide note was left at the scene and no foul play is suspected at this stage.