New Era Newspaper

New Era Epaper
Icon Collap
Home / Karibib man electrocuted

Karibib man electrocuted

2023-11-10  Eveline de Klerk

Karibib man electrocuted

WALVIS BAY - A Karibib resident was electrocuted on Wednesday afternoon while using a meat- cutter.

The Namibian Police at Walvis Bay stated that Augustinus Pule Gauseb (53) was allegedly busy cutting meat for a client when the electrical cutter malfunctioned.

“The cutter’s blade disengaged and slipped out of position. As a result, the deceased wanted to switch off the machine and unplug it. Unfortunately, he did not switch it off at the wall plug, and in the process, he got electrocuted,” inspector Ileni Shapumba said.

Gauseb’s wife managed to switch off the power. The deceased fell down, and was rushed to the Karibib state clinic for urgent medical care. He was attended to by the local nurses, as well as the paramedics of Lifelink 999.

“Sadly, he died despite all efforts,” Shapumba noted.

A post-mortem is expected to be carried out.


2023-11-10  Eveline de Klerk

Share on social media