New Era Newspaper

MTC Shares 2
Icon Collap
...
Home / Five months of anguish… search continues, but still no sign of Mandela

Five months of anguish… search continues, but still no sign of Mandela

2021-05-11  Aletta Shikololo

Five months of anguish… search continues, but still no sign of Mandela
Top of a Page

For more than five months, Julia Ndafyaalako has been living in suspense and anguish, hoping for her son’s safe return. 

“I still hope my son will come back home safe and I will never stop searching until I find him,” said a distraught Ndafyaalako. 

It has been months since four-year-old Spencer Mandela Nakale went missing towards the end of last year in Lüderitz and his parents have not given up searching ever since.

Mandela has been missing since 28 December when he disappeared from his aunt’s house in Lüderitz – just ten days after his arrival from the northern part of the country to spend the festive season with his parent. 

Mandela’s mother, Ndafyaalako, added the authorities have not informed her yet on the status of the investigation, however, the Lüderitz community members are assisting the police in its efforts. 

“I would like to inform the nation to be on the lookout for my child and not give up searching for him until he is found,” Ndafyaalako pleaded to the public. 

In February, MTC executive Tim Ekandjo, who hails from Lüderitz, had also offered N$25 000 in his personal capacity as a reward to anybody with information that would lead to finding the missing Mandela.  

Approached for comment, //Kharas police Commissioner David Indongo confirmed that there were no new developments yet.  “Up to now, our investigation is ongoing.

So far there are no tangible results but the search continues,” said Indongo. Indongo further added that the Namibian police had pledged N$50 000 as a reward to anybody with information that would lead to finding Mandela. 

“So far nobody has come forth with any information regarding the disappearance of the young boy,” said the concerned Indongo.  The commissioner further called on anyone who might have information to come forward and inform the law enforcement agencies accordingly. Detective Warrant Officer Muindia Kenehama, who has been at the forefront of the investigations into Mandela’s case, told New Era that they are still busy with the general investigation. “We are trying our best to get to the bottom of this case,” he said.

Demonstration 

Meanwhile, the Keetmanshop community led by the ‘Missing Person Unit’ will stage a march this Thursday in honour of Mandela. “Mandela’s case has turned into a national concern. Someone out there might know something; it is impossible that the child goes missing without a trace,” said the Missing Person Unit’s founder Rosalia Hipondoka adding that they are organising a nationwide protest to create more awareness. The march will be held under the banner #BringSpencerHome.

-ashikololo@nepc.com.na

 

 


2021-05-11  Aletta Shikololo

Share on social media
Bottom of a page