Hi there! Welcome to my new bi-weekly column through which I will be giving you tips on how to stay healthy in the comfort of your home as winter slowly approaches.
As a former soccer player, I always found it very important to stay fit and healthy, especially after my time off the field. As the Covid-19 pandemic has wreaked havoc across the globe, staying healthy and fit is one way of your body resisting the virus in a way.
As an introduction, here is an exercise you can try.
Have you avoided planking from knee? It’s easy!
1. Lie on the floor with your elbows under your shoulders, hands flat on the floor and core engaged.
2. Keeping your forearms and knees on the floor slowly raise yourself upwards until your body is in a straight line from your knees to your head.
3. Hold the position for as long as you can.
- Improves body balance and posture
- Strengthens your core (i.e. spine, shoulder bones, pelvic and joints)
- Improves body flexibility
- Reduces belly fat and tightens tummy
- Reduces backache
- Improves metabolism
My four golden rules:
1. Never go three days without exercise
2. Workout at least three days a week
3. Never skip a Monday 4. Never give up
You can also join my boot camp just by simply contacting us on our Facebook page @Rudi Louw’s Boot Camp. We focus on physical training, fitness and weight loss. The Boot Camp course is designed for cardiovascular and strength training routines through instructor-led exercises.