Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

244 ‘struggle kids’ complete training

Home International 244 ‘struggle kids’ complete training

Aron Mushaukwa

Katima Mulilo-A total of 244 ‘children of the liberation struggle’ who underwent six months of civic and skills development training at Simon Mutumba Police Training Centre in the Zambezi Region were awarded certificates on Thursday, after successfully completing the course.

President Hage Geingob last year issued a directive that about N$11 million be availed from the Development Fund of the Social Security Commission (SSC) for training ‘struggle kids’.

The group have now completed their training and it was revealed at their graduation that jobs have already been secured for them and they will be employed in the public service and in government agencies from July 1.

Speaking at their graduation ceremony the Deputy Minister of Sport, Youth and National Service, Agnes Tjongarero, applauded the group for their commitment in successfully completing the training.

“I wholeheartedly congratulate all 244 graduates on this auspicious day in their lives. You have done it and deserve all the benefits coming with your perseverance,” she said.

Tjongarero further highlighted that the government is still looking for other initiatives “geared towards mitigating the ever-increasing demand of the needy group to ensure that the greatest of its number is introduced to basic civic and skills training,” she said.

Secretary to Cabinet George Simataa said although the ‘struggle kids’ graduated at a time “when our country and the world at large are undergoing an economic downturn, your caring government has made all necessary arrangements so that you can participate meaningfully in the socio-economic development of our nation and take our country to the next level of economic advancement.”

He further called on other ‘struggle kids’ to follow the required procedures to be considered for training. Which is “to go back to their respective regions and report to the offices of the governors for verification and consideration”.

“I would like to call upon the other children of the liberation struggle to join the government in helping them. In particular, I call upon those children of the liberation struggle at Ndilimani camp to demobilize and join hands with the government to assist them,” stated Simataa.